Robin is coming

Who can hazard a guess what one of those space age racing yachts would cost? Maybe you, Todd? Surely the GDP of a medium size nation!! 75 knots!!!!
 
Well, they're affordable with enough corporate sponsorship - and a govt grant. Plus the existing infrastructure on hand to actually build them...

I note that practise racing has started. Just learning how to handle these things in company at very high speeds will be fun.
A lot like racing buses on ice I'd reckon.

For those of us with sailing experience, I'd point out that they tack so fast that they've decided to have two helmsmen to avoid the time loss of changing the helm position. While the helmsman changed position there was a period of time with no-one pointing the thing....
 
GregT said:
Well....

For those of us with sailing experience, I'd point out that they tack so fast that they've decided to have two helmsmen to avoid the time loss of changing the helm position. While the helmsman changed position there was a period of time with no-one pointing the thing....

The other option was a huge rudder wheel  :D
 
Lets see how she goes..... Im counting sleeps to the christmas regatta... hopefully we can watch it on the big screen at home

Go the kiwis...... but then I would say that  8)
 
My nephew did the round world Clipper race at 19, youngest ever,and met his wife who came to crew during the Doldrums section,well what else is there to do. :D
 
My Dad and I built an Australian 35 ft Hedley Nicol designed Trimaran Cavalier (Sail Plan #38) - We named her "Wind-I-Go" taken from our Native Aborigine language Wendigo meaning "Bush Madness".

Although of Irish descent my Native name is Sheko. Sheko - Meaning a florescent phosphorus stump seen while paddling a canoe in the dead of night a Spirit that communicates between the living and the dead - Humm ! - Don't know why the Natives gave me that Name; other words, my Dad did introduce me as a papoose under them conditions ! 

Whatever happened to Hedley Nicol - Some say he sailed into the grand horizon ?
 
Back
Top