sachse ignition

Hmm, I wonder if your previously fucked battery, fucked your box? I don’t know enough about electrical smoke to say for sure. But it seems ironic that you had a fucked battery just before the box fucked up.
That did cross my mind. But can't see how. I'm pretty sure it may have fucked up the starter relay as I had to replace that after the new battery installed. It was a 250 kawasaki jobbie. And besides The first 4 km after the new battery the bike was running so well. And thats not city running as from my driveway I'm on open roads

Thanks Brett. Red is sending me another box. If that proves my box is buggered I'll contact them and see if thay can fix it.
Being remote here I have nightmares about ignition failures so a spare box will be part of my tool kit.
Wouldn't happen on my 750 with points right Paul?
Obviously.
If you want to use a 750, you need points as an alternative to cell phone, satellites and credit card.
Or carry a spare box of tricks.

Altrenative is a 1912 Humber. Any blacksmiths shop will fix it.

Paul

have plenty of Sachse boxes Rob, no need to get yours fixed if it is at fault, I use Ignitech boxes now
I'll just send you another Sachse box

So to conclude this thread Red's Ign. box turned up today and I plugged it in and got spark on all 3 plugs so a duff box.
Howdy, Ran into similar issue on the Ducati 900SS, had to do with the 5k ohm plug leads. Engine would crank and run well for about 3 minutes and go dead on one cylinder. Swapped out the Sasche box, same issue. Contacted Sasche, they said check the plug caps, swapped them out for new, and viola', no more problemo!! Why the plug leads have anything to do with the ignition signal past the coils is a mystery to me, but it solved the problem. I re-read the instructions and it mentions the plug leads in the fine print. Never thought to measure the resistance of the plug cap, but one was bad!! Just a thought.

Back