Segoni 750

Very nice Marnix! Looks superb.

Only thing I could find to criticise would be the misalignment of the fairing screen screw slots... ;)

Quite surprised to see rather flimsy-looking rear engine mounts on the frame. Must have worked OK though, otherwise they'd have been modified by now. Also interesting to see the placement of the fuse box and the orientation of regulator and starter relay, everything located for easy and quick access.

piet
 
Very nice Marnix! Looks superb.

Only thing I could find to criticise would be the misalignment of the fairing screen screw slots... ;)

Quite surprised to see rather flimsy-looking rear engine mounts on the frame. Must have worked OK though, otherwise they'd have been modified by now. Also interesting to see the placement of the fuse box and the orientation of regulator and starter relay, everything located for easy and quick access.

piet
Think it’s pretty rigid. Quite impressed with the amount of bracing in that area. Unlike Egli, Segoni’s focus was not on weight saving, that’s for sure.

Marnix
 

Attachments

  • D9557164-839B-4780-9561-BB2446E0DD93.png
    D9557164-839B-4780-9561-BB2446E0DD93.png
    780.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi Marnix,

great project. My compliments.

Did you already find the rear hub?
If not my idea is to ask Menani. At the Mostra Scambios in Italy he has plenty of Fontana brakes with him.

Another option is a dutch guy who always has adverts on ebay-kleinanzeigen with wheels and brakes.
He´s called John and his phone number is +31653414856. But I think you will know him

Good luck
Wilfried
 
Hi Wilfried, thanks for the suggestions, appreciated. I found a very nice 210 mm all magnesium Fontana replica hub through Motocicli Veloci.
Menani are out of business, unfortunately. was a great source. Many Laverda (mostly works) racers used their clip-ons and levers. Especially their 4LS front brake levers were fantastic.
Yes I know John, he has an original Fontana rear drum but doesn’t want to sell it..

Marnix
 
Hi Marnix,
I did not take care of dates of the posts and just noticed the video of the finshed bike. Shame on me :sneaky:

Menani was still activ at the Mostra Scambio until this spring in Novegro. But I missed the stand four weeks ago in Novegro.
Hard to believe that this business will not be continued by anyone.

Wilfried
 
Lovely looking bike Marnix,
Missed the build but it looks loooooverly!
Really like the Silver and Blue, I have a 1960s 50cc race bike raced by a Dutchman from Amsterdam that is painted the same colours, Lovely combination.
J
 
Back
Top