triplex primaries

just had a thought, if I do five of these, and join up the off cuts I will have a "FREE" chain!
probably have to admit that the saving of something like 80 quid over buying the Commando chain for under fifty (instead of 130+) is unlikely to encourage more to do it.
CLEM
 

Attachments

  • triplex 2.jpg
    triplex 2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 57
  • triplex.jpg
    triplex.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 56
Hello everyone.
I'm taking this thread into consideration.
I am retired, passionate about Laverda and owner of a 3cl.
I wonder about the arrow of the triplex chain, during a disassembly without any idea of the life of the motorcycle, nor the mileage of the chain.
Is it possible to "gauge" the wear of this chain by this means of measuring the deflection?
Have a nice day everyone.
 
Hello everyone.
I'm taking this thread into consideration.
I am retired, passionate about Laverda and owner of a 3cl.
I wonder about the arrow of the triplex chain, during a disassembly without any idea of the life of the motorcycle, nor the mileage of the chain.
Is it possible to "gauge" the wear of this chain by this means of measuring the deflection?
Have a nice day everyone.
Salut Anakin.
Change the chain if you don't know its history.
It cost a few euro and it's 2 hours work on a 3CL.
Paul
 
Is it possible to "gauge" the wear of this chain by this means of measuring the deflection?

Yes. This was discussed a couple of weeks ago in this thread:

 
Back
Top