Tippie
Hero member
- Location
- Dr?bak, Norway
Almost any class of classic racing will have a bike or two that are head and shoulders above the rest that harvest trophies. You don't have to be there to enjoy yourself with some great racing.
Always someone with more money, yes, but there are rules and the rules can limit the influence of money, so as to keep competence, be it with spanners or on the bike to the fore and give everybody a chance.For me endurance racing is about taking the chequered flag. There will also be people with deeper pockets , with the latest, newest , best thing since slice bread on track. Endurance racing is about TEAM work , working with people who are prepared to put others first. For instance Tony's push in from the Cooper straight, back to the pit garage; with me telling people not to help must have pissed him off. But like he said afterwards we need to pass the chequered flag. Andy Peacock staying on the pit wall at Nagaro , with it pouring with rain, me out on circuit running on Pirelli Supercoras SC1 and SC2 compound with no rain tyres to put on. He stayed the only person out of all teams, mind you at times I appeared to be the only bike on circuit. Wingman. Watching Paul Creasy and Rob Bradbury working on the TT1 after Tony pushed in, to sort the gearlever, no questions. Nick and Lorraine Alcock for their un flinching positivity . Money christ you can spend a small fortune, spare bike, spare wheels that can be fiited in minutes, light weight frame etc etc. Cost ruined a pair of brand new racing boots at Brands, will need new ones for Donington, entry fee 1430 euros per round, new tyres, new chains etc. Its only money. My advice to anyone who is thinking about going racing , then do it, very relaxing and put a smile on yer face. Like I say there will always be someone who as more money, what ever the sport.
That is called a reliability trial. It is done with laptimes on a circuit too.With classic hillclimb we sometimes practise two runs and the rider who is closest to his/her own first run time is the winner, no matter how fast or slow riders are. We had a 1926 Guzzi Corsa who won last time with a difference between first and second run of 1.5 seconds
Thanks Tippie! I find it an interesting concept, since I like to participate on these hill climb outings but i'm not at all a pilot, so it suits me well..That is called a reliability trial. It is done with laptimes on a circuit too.
Very sad. I was looking forward to supporting team Orange.Hi Clem ,
Not sufficient teams willing to take part.
Real shame because I'd already approached Keith and Aileen who'ed agreed to come down from Scotland, I didn't want what happened at Paul Ricard or similar to spoil it.
On a personal note , I knew I could achieve low 1 min 20 odd round Donny, which would have put the team into a very good position . Are well.
Andy
You'll be able to go directly to Pau from Breganze.2024 dates -
EEC 2024 SCHEDULE
Donnington Park 18-19 April OR 5/6 October to be confirmed. UK day time race.
Paul Ricard (France) 17-19 May Night running
Navarra (Spain) 14-16 June Night running
Paul Arnos (France) 12-14 July Night running
Hi Paul,You'll be able to go directly to Pau from Breganze.
Paul