SF2 now over 6500km. Continuing problem with overcharging. Before the rally I took the tank off, and ran the bike with the cover off the regulator. It had been charging with the headlight on at 14.7 - 14.8 volts. Low beam 55/60 H4 bulb. I tweaked the adjustment on the points gap, and I had 14.2 with the headlight on. I double checked my little voltage Meter against my Multi Meter, accurate. All went well for the first 2-300 km. Then started spiking up over 15 volts. High beam on, 60 watts, helped a little. Seems like the reg would trip out, drop to battery voltage, then charge high again, cycling like this every minute or so. Tried resetting by turning it off and on, no change.
Bought a 55/100 watt bulb in Adaminaby, fixed. Charging now at 13.8 v to 14.3, depending on speed. Not a permanent fix, that's a lot of power running around. I am going to try and locate this mythical bosch upgrade regulator, wish me to luck.