Bellingen 2022

changed the Diff in our race bike transporter, does that count?
went from 28 spline by 3.0:1 ratio to 31 spline 3.25:1 ratio, only V8 nuts will get that

leaving Friday morning with one race bike, been told we need to stop for a seafood breakfast on the way
sounds like a deal to me
looking forward to a wet weekend
So it's a 9 inch then.
 
Well I tried. For the last few weeks I've been getting dizzy spells. Am seeing a cardiologist etc, had a holster heart monitor on for a few days, no idea what is wrong yet, had been feeling pretty good this week so sorted out Argy, even new tyres on it yesterday which completely fixed the steering issues, really enjoyed it till I started out this morning, started getting dizzy again about Loganholme so pulled over rested for 15 mins, tried again but no good. Turned around and headed home the back way so I could stop a few times. Not happy Jan! And the bike is going sooooo well. IMG20220930092843.jpg
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Jo
Bummer Mr D, hope you're ok.
Thanks mighty mouse, was really looking forward to it, haven't ridden much for a while. Doctor has organised my echocardiogram to be brought forward to tomorrow morning. When I'm having the worse dizzy spells I'm missing every 4th heartbeat. A bit weird. Any way have fun you all!
 
Sorry to hear about your health issues Drikko. Just another issue to deal with as we get older. I hope you can get to the bottom of what's causing your dizzy spells and get it sorted ASAP. Sounds like you need a pacemaker. Perhaps you could have run a cable from one of your spark plug leads and taped it to your chest.

I've been feeling crook most of the week. Got an abscess behind one of my molars (bloody painful). Been on two different antibiotics for a week and I dunno what's worse, the ailment or the cure. The bloody tablets are messing up my gut and giving me diarrhoea. FFS.
 
As Hooksy said
Ready to pounce……
Only with this rain I think ready to dive and swim to Bellingen is more appropriate 😂
 

Attachments

  • AEB88244-9B85-42FC-8940-51FFD1A8F377.jpeg
    AEB88244-9B85-42FC-8940-51FFD1A8F377.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 28
ubi pus, ibi evacua

Antibiotics never cured an abscess. It needs to be drained

It was drained, and it wasn't a pleasant process I can tell you. I just thought it best not to go into gruesome detail about the copious quantities of blood and pus that was hoovered out of my mouth.

I presume the antibiotics, (amoxycillin/clavulanic acid, and metronidazole) are to mop up any residual infection.
 
It was drained, and it wasn't a pleasant process I can tell you. I just thought it best not to go into gruesome detail about the copious quantities of blood and pus that was hoovered out of my mouth.

I presume the antibiotics, (amoxycillin/clavulanic acid, and metronidazole) are to mop up any residual infection.
Yep.
 
Met up with the Vic mob who seemed to have lost a couple of punters on the way🙄
Now at Walcha 😀
Plenty of rain but still not as bad as advertised

Lucky for Maurice duct tape and cable ties were in plentiful supply 😂

Here are a few pics
 

Attachments

  • 4F2F0F4A-041D-49CC-BB5C-5D5ADD3C51A8.png
    4F2F0F4A-041D-49CC-BB5C-5D5ADD3C51A8.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 03D7F386-F08B-4812-A6A4-F6BC774D284C.jpeg
    03D7F386-F08B-4812-A6A4-F6BC774D284C.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 930133E6-9713-4B82-9CD9-BA5E3BEA9B7F.jpeg
    930133E6-9713-4B82-9CD9-BA5E3BEA9B7F.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 46
  • CAE08175-CCE8-40F6-99FD-EDCF5FC4DE62.jpeg
    CAE08175-CCE8-40F6-99FD-EDCF5FC4DE62.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 8C74FB12-F65E-4033-BD18-9D720957C42A.jpeg
    8C74FB12-F65E-4033-BD18-9D720957C42A.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 47
Too bad to hear about lost punters! On my 3c the frame for the instruments (is that Mo's?) also broke on the Alpine tour, nothing to worry about.
I wish you a safe journey, not to bad weather and above all, have fun!
 
  • Like
Reactions: T.C
Holed up in Armidale, short run down waterfall way tmorra to join in the festivities at Bello😎
Great to catch up with the tribe from NSW and ACT. Road surfaces have been atrocious……and rattled all the fillings loose, along with various parts on the bikes! Duct tape and zip ties the order of the day 😲

Couple of shots of The Vic Posse
 

Attachments

  • B5F0D54D-30BF-4809-A59A-60F12F8EE542.jpeg
    B5F0D54D-30BF-4809-A59A-60F12F8EE542.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 0142BADB-9850-4315-BA71-248563379A83.jpeg
    0142BADB-9850-4315-BA71-248563379A83.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 50C12D07-811C-4DA1-B0E7-B9B70487A6FC.jpeg
    50C12D07-811C-4DA1-B0E7-B9B70487A6FC.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 5E084B60-5BA9-45D1-B1AA-636B04193C95.jpeg
    5E084B60-5BA9-45D1-B1AA-636B04193C95.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 51
I have heard a whisper there is another DNF from down south but further west!!
Yep, only made it the 400km to Ouyen in Western Vic where the Mirage crapped out with a dead battery: not taking a charge and still not charging. Bought another battery and turning back for Adelaide: I theory I could’ve made Bello though not without a lot of night riding which the battery wouldn’t support…
 
Would have loved to be able to make the trip across the Hay Plaines again but I'm afraid age and other circumstances have put an end to my long-distance meanderings.
Have fun!
 
Back
Top