Cam chain for 500 Lav

AFAIK.. Zane cam chains are just one link too long for older 500 Breganze bikes.. I have removed one link from one for Monty and working just fine..
Is there a shortage of Zane Cam Chains..?
 
The old school 500, Zane 668 /750 all use the same spec chain C107HC - 5/16x7/32 I believe.

The only difference being the number of links – 500 using 112 links, 668 using 114 links ,750 using ???

Not sure how many links in an ATLAS motor.

Andy
 
Well, this happens for beeing disconected a few days....:cry::cry: I missed the chance for the chain.

I found one in Australia, but not sure yet when it will be on the post as we are waiting for a few more parts. However I have another 2 Lav 500 to rebuild, so if anyone has a spare chain to get rid off, I am your man. I am also happy to see other 500 spare parts!

Regards,
Miguel
 
The old school 500, Zane 668 /750 all use the same spec chain C107HC - 5/16x7/32 I believe. <snip>
You've got it, Andy. 114 links for 750 Zanè, btw. Piccie of chain box posted below (again);).

(Can't read what Peter's IWIS chain says as regards size. And he ain't telling, it seems ... :()


internet pics
 
Last edited:
Hi Peter,

Received chain today just checked it, unfortunately not correct rollers are 6mm in dia and pitch is different to original and to cam chain wheels..
<snip>
All of which might go a long way to explaining why it was an IWIS and not a Regina chain ... :rolleyes:
 
Andy.
Don't waste money on postage put it in bin.
i will shred cheque.
I bought it as a 500 chain but if does not fit its no good to anyone.
Peter.
 
Just seen your post are you willing to sell the chain <snip>

Too late, Andy, I'm afraid. That particular bit of chain is currently wound round around the camshaft of my Formula ;).

(And as has been said more than a few times now), there seems to be no more available at any of the dealers ... And I have been told that Regina have said they ain't intending making any more. AND - unless someone knows otherwise - this size of chain was only made by Regina.

But it was also used on Guzzi V50s and V35s (at least). So you might be able to source it from a Guzzi dealer and cut it to length - I think the Guzzis used a longer chain, but don't take my word for it: check.

Here's a listing, for example:

 
Too late, Andy, I'm afraid. That particular bit of chain is currently wound round around the camshaft of my Formula ;).

(And as has been said more than a few times now), there seems to be no more available at any of the dealers ... And I have been told that Regina have said they ain't intending making any more. AND - unless someone knows otherwise - this size of chain was only made by Regina.

But it was also used on Guzzi V50s and V35s (at least). So you might be able to source it from a Guzzi dealer and cut it to length - I think the Guzzis used a longer chain, but don't take my word for it: check.

Here's a listing, for example:

Hi Vento,

Thanks for the info I,ll see where a search goes with Moto Guzzi and let other members know what I find.

Andy
 
Hi Peter,
No need to apologise you bought in in good faith as a 500 chain and sold it to me in that vein.
I just keep on searching, will build my engine with the old chain until I can find one to replace it.

Andy
 
Too late, Andy, I'm afraid. That particular bit of chain is currently wound round around the camshaft of my Formula ;).

(And as has been said more than a few times now), there seems to be no more available at any of the dealers ... And I have been told that Regina have said they ain't intending making any more. AND - unless someone knows otherwise - this size of chain was only made by Regina.

But it was also used on Guzzi V50s and V35s (at least). So you might be able to source it from a Guzzi dealer and cut it to length - I think the Guzzis used a longer chain, but don't take my word for it: check.

Here's a listing, for example:

Guzzi chain is only 80-something links and costs more than the Laverda chain ever did. It comes as endless, without connecting clip. No further applications that I know of.


To my knowledge, Regina makes this chain more-or-less manually, ie, non-automated to the greater part. Whatever may come from them in the future, it will cost an arm and a kidney.

Maybe somebody will risk having it made in China...

piet
 
Back
Top