Hi Steve,
was you there when they killed her just for moving her car slowly?
I’ve had 12 pissed off policemen aiming their guns at me, 200 meters inside the Serbian border with Hungary,,, the result of a fairly aggressive ‘rides leader’, who thought it perfectly ok we ignore police roadblock because ‘we were tourists’. It took polite wave, smiles , helmet off, instant stop and engine off, before happily agreeing to hand over identification , with stern and aggressive Serbian yelling we of course could not understand, but smiled and nodded anyways.
Anywhere you traverse in this world, respect and proper accord to armed persons is an automatic. Thinking you can willingly break a law AGAINST a policeman anywhere on earth is simply mind boggling.
10 minutes after our rides leader had us in this mess, I had used respect to the police to apologize for our act, found out about the situation at hand ( national farmers strike, blocking ALL roads), given a big send off picture of me in the middle of 7 cops, 6 farmers, all smiling arms over each others shoulders, and given 4 car escort all the way to Novi Sad! Our only rule? To guarantee and swear on a bible that we would only buy gasoline from Serbian national oil company!
Had we rode towards the cops, I’m sure we’d be fertilizer right now.
I’m hoping that the organized militants refrain from illegally impeding law enforcement. It’s a life lesson here and now!