Garage security

The UK scooter thieves were crazy a couple of years back, with cases of throwing acids at resisters. Haven't heard how it is recently, other than a couple of high-profile travellers, Itchy Boots having bikes stolen and thankfully recovered, but the Cops had to get medieval on them to get anywhere. Years back, I had my 1976 T140v Bonnie stolen, and it took me a couple of years to get another bike. The 1% bunch did a lot of that to get upgraded parts for their own bikes.
 
Years ago, I had my freestanding garage burglarized by a loser druggie in the hood, who got my tools. I recorded my neighbor's Rottweiler barking (as he liked to do a lot) on a thrift-store cassette deck, plugged it into a motion sensor inside the garage, on play, max volume. Any motion and it's a bark event. Ran a 2nd extension wire up to my upstairs bedroom along the power line, and plugged into a radio. A few monts later he hit again. By the time I got to the garage, there was glass all over the grass outside the window he bailed through. Sorta sucked having to cut glass and glaze those thick 1930's windows, but it solved that problem for as long as I lived there.
 
Not totally sure what you're on about Silvaire and lov..rda but diesel is Au $3.10 a litre here as of yesterday and petrol at $2.45ish a litre so far, it is only gunna get worse, anybody caught wandering about at night with a can and a hose in the wrong place is definitely gunna get fucked up and feed to the dogs.

I was born and bred a problematic Asperger bike mechanic, explosives and firearms enthusiast in South Auckland in 1961 (also drummer and security dog breeder person etc) moved to Aus in 84.

Back then tool, bike, crop and bitch thieves were scum and copped a mandatory maim sentence to some degree if not worse, ANZAC rules.

Hey no offence to you guys but I live down under, in the best place on the planet 2nd to Godzone, and we don't shoot people we hammer them..
 
Did once, many years ago, return to my parked motorcycle after an evening class, to find some wag had removed a fuel line on my bike opened a fuel tap and thrown a cigarette end on the floor next to it.
By some complete quirk of nature, the fuel had run around the cigarette end and not to it. The pillock who did this hadn’t stuck around so I had returned to a bike with a near empty tank and the tell tale signs of said pillock,s endeavours written in the tarmac and burnt out cigarette end.
 
At the only "official laverda club" meetings I went to in Sydney a couple of times there were no other bikes in sight, just cages (morris minors, lasers, volvos etc) only action was me pulling wheelies 0n my 180 1200 with a topless bitch on the back when leaving, it was at the Bridge Hotel early 90s (fish market proximity) pasta, cheap red wine and talking shit about dead garaged Lavs seemed to be point of it all.
I wasn't impressed enough to return, does anyone out there remember that scene/era?
Mind you I was a bit of a nut job/prick back then and had no patience for people who didn't ride to a meet, I apologize accordingly in my dotage.
 
Brilliant idea. Thanks Growler. I just ordered one on ebay.

I do have a monitored alarm system with a PIR detector in the garage, but I have to remember to arm only the garage zone when I'm in the house, which is a bit of a fiddle with the alarm system key pad. The baby monitor is simpler and more versatile, especially with the 2 way comms. Once it's installed I'll almost be disappointed if some cretin doesn't try to break in!

I'll have to work on my scary voice dialogue. Maybe I could say something like "you have 5 seconds to clear the area before toxic nerve gas is released" :)
Practice saying in a menacing sexy tone "Show us your fritter power pump!" that should do it, practice on ya missus and see what happens.
 
There are a few here from that era of the Sydney Club, and 1 or 2 from even earlier. Some of the earlier stories involved some radical stuff, before my time. There were a lot of dead Laverdas around at first, but eventually, we usually got 6 to 8 Laverdas ridden to club nights back then. What got a bunch of bikes back on the road was John building Ignitions and Red building engines, plus a few talented others doing the local assembly. When I first arrived, my 3c was dead, but after a deep rabbit hole, I would prefer to forget it even got reserrected and, and there were 3 of us doing regular Sunday rides and 10 or so regularly doing the 4-day Snowy Ride. One February ride done this year had 22 turn up, with probably 20 on Laverdas, that's a 3-day ride doing 600 km per day. The average age of riders back then was 35ish to 50ish. Now it's 50ish to 70ish. Recently, a bunch have retired and moved out of Sydney, and we did get a big influx of club members when the Laverda Factory bunch did the Barry Sheene, bringing the V6 to Eastern Creek. These days I dont enjoy Night riding in Traffic to club nights, and we have had really crap weather, so I haven't done much, but I need to extract energy at some point and get back at some day rides to get fit enough to do the multi-day runs. For weather evidence, the Great Western Highway is closed at Mt Victoria for the next 3 months and I bet lots more for structal work from weather, and over the last few years the list of closed at times for weather damage is The Oxley at least twice, Mac Pass, Thunderbolts, and bunch of major Snowy Roads, it just goes on and on. And tonight on the weather, they're talking about a Super La Niña again.
 
Hey Vince
thanks for that insight about stuff actually happening at the club, what years you talking? I may have been a bit harsh about it all or it was just wrong timing, or I just missed the groove completely, no offence intended ...much, I did try but I was a loner anyway as we used to say. .

Love Oxley, Bruxner, Thunderbolts way and southern highlands for satisfying bike terrain.

Those turn outs you mentioned I've never seen that myself personally sorta makes you feel like a Laverda leper, but I've had a fair few bevels so I have joined in on bulk Ducati events.

But would have been good to hook up with some Lav heads with running bikes, all Lavs have down time while you second mortgage your house or sell your children to buy parts.

Yeah night riding and even just holding up a triple is getting challenging, a Danish bloke Pedro I was chatting to puts the average age of Laverda owners in Europe at 75,....fuck.
 
At the only "official laverda club" meetings I went to in Sydney a couple of times there were no other bikes in sight, just cages (morris minors, lasers, volvos etc) only action was me pulling wheelies 0n my 180 1200 with a topless bitch on the back when leaving, it was at the Bridge Hotel early 90s (fish market proximity) pasta, cheap red wine and talking shit about dead garaged Lavs seemed to be point of it all.
I wasn't impressed enough to return, does anyone out there remember that scene/era?
Mind you I was a bit of a nut job/prick back then and had no patience for people who didn't ride to a meet, I apologize accordingly in my dotage.
Ha Ha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not riding ya Lav for 25 years might be just the ticket to drink red wine, talk shit and talk about dead Laverdas!!:LOL:
 
Ha Ha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not riding ya Lav for 25 years might be just the ticket to drink red wine, talk shit and talk about dead Laverdas!!:LOL:
HA Ha ya nailed it mate, I can't argue with that logic, well put and fully taken on board, I assume you were a sydney laverda club member once.
 
My first NSW club outing was also overwhelming. I went to a BBQ at the President's house at the time somewhere off Eastern Valley Way near Castle Cove, and they everybody rode to The Sydney Opera House to take a group Photo to give to The Laverda Family from the President at the time. He was heading to Italy to buy parts. So the trip over the Sydney Harbour Bridge at 3pm on a Sunday Afternoon in heavy traffic was ok, but the trip back was completely NUTS. It turned into a full-blown race, with pretty crazy speeds. I was thinking, what the hell have I got myself into? So after that, it took a few years to join up again. By then the Government had cracked down on Speding, and our rides had become less ferral. If you think that story was a bit OT, the rest of that club Presidents' Europe trip was diabolical. Best not dwell on that. Nobody ever heard from him again, thankfully.
 
Hey Vince
thanks for that insight about stuff actually happening at the club, what years you talking? I may have been a bit harsh about it all or it was just wrong timing, or I just missed the groove completely, no offence intended ...much, I did try but I was a loner anyway as we used to say. .

Love Oxley, Bruxner, Thunderbolts way and southern highlands for satisfying bike terrain.

Those turn outs you mentioned I've never seen that myself personally sorta makes you feel like a Laverda leper, but I've had a fair few bevels so I have joined in on bulk Ducati events.

But would have been good to hook up with some Lav heads with running bikes, all Lavs have down time while you second mortgage your house or sell your children to buy parts.

Yeah night riding and even just holding up a triple is getting challenging, a Danish bloke Pedro I was chatting to puts the average age of Laverda owners in Europe at 75,....fuck.
Vince my memory has been slowly percolating and I remember 'RED' legendary mofo really and the ignition guy to a lesser degree but important guy too, and I'm sure you probably remember getting raped at Jim Eades Homebush like the rest of us, good old Norm and Max? was it? spent a fair bit of time on the piss in the workshop after hours, love hate relationship, loved the connections etc but hated paying thru the nose for shit, bought my first bevel and my 1200 of them and couple of US brit imports.
Also you may recall a couple of Kiwi mates of mine Marty and Roger at Forcycles Redfern, a lot of bike journos lurking about at the time, new mags on the up, good times.
 
My first NSW club outing was also overwhelming. I went to a BBQ at the President's house at the time somewhere off Eastern Valley Way near Castle Cove, and they everybody rode to The Sydney Opera House to take a group Photo to give to The Laverda Family from the President at the time. He was heading to Italy to buy parts. So the trip over the Sydney Harbour Bridge at 3pm on a Sunday Afternoon in heavy traffic was ok, but the trip back was completely NUTS. It turned into a full-blown race, with pretty crazy speeds. I was thinking, what the hell have I got myself into? So after that, it took a few years to join up again. By then the Government had cracked down on Speding, and our rides had become less ferral. If you think that story was a bit OT, the rest of that club Presidents' Europe trip was diabolical. Best not dwell on that. Nobody ever heard from him again, thankfully.
Yeah back in the day before booze buses and draconian speed laws Sydney and NSW in general was a shit load of fun for bike riders, I would wait till about 1am and just go out and fang a round hard for an hour or two on the empty city streets/motorways no problems, golden days, why the fuck did it need to end?.
 
Lots of pressure from the Drs, that's what closed all the 6am drinking spots 10 years back, destroyed all the live music establishments. A few drunken idiots, one punch killing people, stuff it up for everybody. It's happening now for E-bikes. Just the way the world is these days. A horrible incident happens, the media goes nuts with clickbait and they write a new law. If everybody just maintained a low profile, I wasn't happy with the peer group trip at crazy speeds over the bridge that day, so I decided that wasn't for me.
 
Yeah way to many rules to keep stupid people safe and us free folk constrained, being a lifelong motorcyclist I obviously believe in Darwinism.

Let the chips fall as they may and get the fuck outa my way.

Any way I'm getting a bit rowdy so I'll pull the pin on this day of learning forum ness.
 
We went to NSW president (Dave Roberts) BBQ in 1992, we had just repaired a dropped valve and was stopping at his house - Eades tried to rip us off with cost of parts and Forcycles got them at trade from them and passed on to us with no mark up (great guys who appreciated what we were doing)
Any one remember the Count (up Newcastle way) and Roy Johnson (with a Corsa)
 
Back
Top