LAVERDA 1000 SFC Superleggera Part one

If you see how extensive Pin Tool Kits are, I don't doubt that you've had trouble. Just seeing it internally to check its fit is tough.
 
They look like A
Sorry for the broken message. I then followed the cable backwards under the engine and into the battery box, where a tripple plug
was located. I took it apart and it didn’t feel right. Two of the tree pins were loose and obviously not in a position to make contact with
the other part of the plug.

View attachment 108127
The Irony of it is: I spend some time searching for good quality watertight plugs, and ended up with a german company, Craft Meyer.
I bought a large selection of them from 1-6 pins. The last weeks I have tried to use them, af found that that they a quite difficult to assemble
correct. Half the times they come apart, even after studying how to on Youtube. Witt is using the same brand, and apparently they are not
able to do it either;)
They look like AMP Super Seal, which I use. As long as you mount the crimp-plugs correctly into the black housing, the hold very tight. never had one coming apart yet...
 
I understand Lothar. I did not assemble this one. It was a part of the DMC kit, and completed when I bought it. My damaged brain has allready
been overloaded today ;) I will give it a try starting tomorrow.
 
Didn't mean to say it was your fault, I am just surprised Uwe (or who ever assembles them) did not get it right. Might be, the little "nose" that holds it actually in the plug housing is sitting to losely in the housing.

Here is a pic of how it should be inserted:

lighter
 
I bought a large selection of them from 1-6 pins. The last weeks I have tried to use them, af found that that they a quite difficult to assemble
correct. Half the times they come apart, even after studying how to on Youtube. Witt is using the same brand, and apparently they are not
able to do it either
;)
I understand Lothar. I did not assemble this one. It was a part of the DMC kit, and completed when I bought it. My damaged brain has allready
been overloaded today ;) I will give it a try starting tomorrow.

The AMP Superseal connector is not installed on the pick-up pig tail as supplied in the DMC ignition kit. If it were, it would be impossible to fit the pick-up to the base plate, which also comes un-assembled in the kit, nor be able to be threaded through the rubber grommet with which the pig tail is secured.

Quite obviously an installation fault.

piet
 
Last edited:
Can't wait to see a pic of the grin in your face when you come back from the first ride-out, mate... The amount of money, time and love for detail you have put into this is stunning! Hope you can enjoy it for a looooooong time!
 
Lothar, Piet and Uwe Witt: I owe you an explanation/apologi. When I resently wrote that my first experience with the watertight plugs,
was within the the last two weeks, that’s because I honestly believed it was so. I am a fairly intelligent person, and would never write
something untrue, especially when it is so obvious that it is. Since my stroke I can hardly remember what happened yesterday. My brain
is almost allways in overload mode, and even trivial tasks makes me exhausted. I know for certain that I installed the DMC myself, and as
nobody else has worked hands-on on this bike, logic tells me that I assembled the dodgy plug as well(n) Sorry all- I hope this is explains
some of my stupid remarks on the subject.
 
Lothar, Piet and Uwe Witt: I owe you an explanation/apologi. When I resently wrote that my first experience with the watertight plugs,
was within the the last two weeks, that’s because I honestly believed it was so. I am a fairly intelligent person, and would never write
something untrue, especially when it is so obvious that it is. Since my stroke I can hardly remember what happened yesterday. My brain
is almost allways in overload mode, and even trivial tasks makes me exhausted. I know for certain that I installed the DMC myself, and as
nobody else has worked hands-on on this bike, logic tells me that I assembled the dodgy plug as well(n) Sorry all- I hope this is explains
some of my stupid remarks on the subject.
All good, you faced a lot of health issues over the past 10 years. so glad you recovered to the point you are in and can enjoy your project.

Even people like myself that are fairly healthy (knock on wood!!!) sometimes do not remember. My neighbor told me the other day, that he has a little bucket he collects kitchen-trash in (green trash, like from vegetables etc.) to bring it outside to the compost pile. He could not find that bucket anymore and was looking around the whole house and garden, he could not remember where he put it. After a while, he opened the refrigerator door to take something out and guess what - the bucket was in there.

Same happened to me with a power plug for one of my devices. could not find it at all. then my wife said: "didn't you send out some motorbike parts the other day in the box that the power blug was in? Have you maybe put it onto the bench in your workspace?" - and there it was, under some other stuff...

All good, we all have these moments. Main thing is, you found the fault and bike is running (and that very sweetly if I may say!). Enjoy!!!
 
Back
Top