Laverda 500 Barn Find

Only from the magazine Otto. They used to carry a lot of stuff in John Reeds bikes at the time. I bought a Monty from Roger Winterburn around that time and rode it for around 15 years off and on. My mother made me push it to the end of the street before starting it to go to work 🫨🙂
 
Same kind off story for me. 500 Laverda’s in every stage of modification are great.
The Bunt bike is a very special one. I hope one’s it will be riding again.
 
Only from the magazine Otto. They used to carry a lot of stuff in John Reeds bikes at the time. I bought a Monty from Roger Winterburn around that time and rode it for around 15 years off and on. My mother made me push it to the end of the street before starting it to go to work 🫨🙂
I nearly bought a monty when Slater bros were offering them for around £1200 in 1983. I got a girlfriend before I could buy it, and ended up buying a Honda CB650; reliable, but nowhere near as much street presence!
 
I nearly bought a monty when Slater bros were offering them for around £1200 in 1983. I got a girlfriend before I could buy it, and ended up buying a Honda CB650; reliable, but nowhere near as much street presence!
Can’t remember what I paid, either way it was on the never never and I couldn’t afford it, was labouring at the time.🙂
 
Back
Top