Lock Down Blues

Which are your favourite adverts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
78jotadave said:
Did anyone notice option #10 has a single front disc I did not know they were ever sold as such?

They were. Some people even think that SF1 = 1 disc, SF2 = 2 discs.
For obvious reasons, not many about.
A bit like drum brake triples.

Paul

I would speculate mid 71 to mid 72 for single front disc rotors on spoke Borrani rims - Considering the Breganzie factory made model changes in mid summer around mid July and August.

Laverda SF said:
I would speculate mid 71 to mid 72 for single front disc rotors on spoke Borrani rims - Considering the Breganzie factory made model changes in mid summer around mid July and August.

The factory was closed in August Ron, like the rest of the country so the new model year commenced in September.
Discs were introduced for the 74 model year, so September 1973.

Paul

Single front disc on a Borrani SF spoke rim, I would say mid 71 to mid 72 ?

In 73 the original Jota Triple 1000cc came out with the SF (Super Ferino) drum brake on the Borrani 750 SF spoke rim.

Kinda made me disappointment that I waited 2 years for my SF0, here in Canada; however in the long run, I ended happy with that SF0 750 twin compared to the Jota Vs an 82 GWXR 1100cc Susuki Gixxer.

Over the years, I would not want to own a 140 mph 1000cc Jota triple or a 4 cyl 1100cc Gixxer compared to that 70 Breganzie 750cc SF0 twin - Approaching 8000rpm and over 125mph down any straight.

I did melt the pistons in her after years of neglect, being married and raising kids, but nothing I could not FIX on a kitchen table ;o)

"I would speculate mid 71 to mid 72 for single front disc rotors on spoke Borrani rims -"

wrong again Ron, no 750 twin had disc until the 74 model year, so starting manufacture in September 1973,

my own SF1, bought new and delivered in May 1973, was the last of the drum braked SF's (not including GTL's here) and I had to wait for it to be delivered, had I known how bad the brakes really were, I would not have bought it, and a short delay would have seen disc brakes and (possibly) a change of direction for me, in 1979, I had had enough of drums and rebuilt the bike into an Egli, with three discs, mono-shock rear and leading link front end, complete with a single disc, but two callipers, both of them PO9's
CLEM

and while we are at it Ron, can you spot the non stock bits in your brill picture with brill model in post 37?
CLEM

Clem the big issue is that your registered Breganzie year for your Country maybe different from anyone else's as Breganzie imports sat in Customs Es-cargo for a particular Country - Canada was approx 3 years for a 70 model and it was registered as 73 model in Canada - You really can't define a year of a Breganzie unless you know the actual production model dates from the Italian Breganzie factory and that's still up for grab's as they never documented changes when specifying a model.

You have seen PICS of my SF0 clearly registered as a 73 in Canada but according to the Breganzie Production Serial it was built in 1970 as one of 200 crate motorcycle parts issued to Canada on special order for prospective Laverda Dealers and took 3 years to deploy. Why? Breganzie was attempting to evade Import Tax for a production vehicle in a weak market. Believe me, they did not do this strictly for Canada.

My bike is clearly not a 73 and there lies the conundrum. Breganzie really never defined a specific year because they did not do it. The Breganzie factory was a small hands on Racing Motorcycle branch of the Industrial Laverda Farming Machinery Company that built one of the finest Motorcycles in the World at the time and didn't have the legal or financial means to compete with the Japanese - Particularly Suzuki whom virtually duplicated the Breganzie Laverda 3 cyl into a 4 Cyl motorcycle, frame included - Yet to start with Laverda actually stole the Honda 350 Hawk engine design from Japan to start with - Go Figure.

I'm not being prestigious but as a Leprechaun have to say leave up to the Italians to FUCK things up and Japanese Co-operate revenge.

lavgert said:
Hi Paul, the third one is offered here: https://www.moto.it/moto-epoca/laverda/8062831
Ciao, Gert  ;)

No Gert, that's the 47th.

Or a fake. Such a rare machine at such a very low price is suspicious.

Paul

If you look at certain parts off your Lav you'll find the little 'calendar' motif, which clearly shows when that particular casting was done. Very little doubt that your SF0 was built in 1970 - matters not what the Canadian motor registry calls it. The factory began producing disc brake SFs for public purchase in late 1973. Fact. It's not hard to put dates to model releases. I can assure you the factory did NOT produce single disc SFs in 1971.

Ron, Suzuki?s first road going 4 cylinder, GS750, was not a Laverda duplicate  ::)
The frames shared a few similar points, they had two wheels, four footrest mounting points and a headstock. Is where the similarities stop.

Chrisk - Weep Laverda all you want but the Suszuki 1100 GWX-R destroyed the Jota Italian Laverda Breed Motorcycle.

Save for Ducati with their 2 Cly wonders and the Harley V-Twin.

Then came KTM - There are no Modern competitive Laverda Motorcycles on the market today.

Save for the Japanese leading the way in motorcycles; Followed by ................ ?

To Days Young Motorcyclists have all the options but I can't phathum the cost !

Perhaps just a rare a spotting 1 of 200 crate parts 70 Breganzie Laverda 750 SF0's in Canada ;o)

Laverda SF said:
Chrisk - Weep Laverda all you want but the Suszuki 1100 GWX-R destroyed the Jota Italian Laverda Breed Motorcycle.

::) Recon there may have been more to it than that Ron ...... but no question the Japs could make their bikes cheaper and almost as fast. Shit, even I bought a z900 for less than two thirds the price of a Laverda 3C at that time. Ironically, the z900, today, would have a sale value as that of a 3C. Go figure.

Back