Low Compression

The stock taps (all types) are more than adequate, they will supply 2 litres in less than 10 minutes from a full tank. IIrc, it was around 8 minutes/litre/tap. A little less as fuel level drops. If your bike doesn't manage with that, you've got a whole different problem.

Check taps, filters and hoses for obstructions. Paint chips are especially common. The main advantage of the RGS-type fuel rail is cleaner/easier routing of the hoses, I have never noticed any performance advantage.

I haven't found the repro cube type taps to cause any problems, I've installed dozens without issue.

piet
 
Ah, that tube: of course. Am surprised it restricts flow too much though. That said, I did notice a while back that the flow didn’t seem to be much but carelessly thought little enough of it to do anything about it at the time (I meant to contact Lemon but got sidetracked by other stuff. I might look at drilling the hole through bigger too as otherwise I can see I’m going to be restricted to 100kph which really won’t do at all…
 
I compared lemon's with my original Orlandis. Didn't check fuel flow but I'm pretty sure the main tank tube is slightly larger on the Orlandis. Doubt it would make much diff. Anyways, easy enough to check flow - as Piet has done. The calculate your km/L or MPG and make a rough guess. I had several blockages due to metal filings in my restored and repaired tank. Several remove-and-cleans and now I have followed John (iiis's) advice and whacked a couple of little strong magnets near the outlets.
 
I compared lemon's with my original Orlandis. Didn't check fuel flow but I'm pretty sure the main tank tube is slightly larger on the Orlandis. Doubt it would make much diff. Anyways, easy enough to check flow - as Piet has done. The calculate your km/L or MPG and make a rough guess. I had several blockages due to metal filings in my restored and repaired tank. Several remove-and-cleans and now I have followed John (iiis's) advice and whacked a couple of little strong magnets near the outlets.
Good idea.

That should iron out any iron out
 
I compared lemon's with my original Orlandis. Didn't check fuel flow but I'm pretty sure the main tank tube is slightly larger on the Orlandis. Doubt it would make much diff. Anyways, easy enough to check flow - as Piet has done. The calculate your km/L or MPG and make a rough guess. I had several blockages due to metal filings in my restored and repaired tank. Several remove-and-cleans and now I have followed John (iiis's) advice and whacked a couple of little strong magnets near the outlets.
The fine red rust dust that you get in the bottom of a fuel tank & in carbs is not magnetic- surprised the hell out of me.
 
i know that stuff. Used to get a lot of that in Western Oz - no doubt related to iron (ie FeO2 ... iron oxide, I'd reckon). The super fine stuff getting through my tank filters was metallic and magnetic.
 
The fine red rust dust that you get in the bottom of a fuel tank & in carbs is not magnetic- surprised the hell out of me.
Following on, had occasion to address two tanks with extensive surface derived contamination, mentioned prior, both Suzuki ( Australian delivered ), Molasses took care of most surface adhered solid contamination. Tested once more, the dried and fuel wet residue, for what was magnetic and what was not affected by a magnet, having bought bars of magnets ( 20x10x4 m/m ) Neodymium N52 grade.

As you say, not all was attracted to the magnets, in this particular instance, the larger particles were attracted and the finer type not so much. Early days ( more than 20 years ago ) i was not expecting the contamination to be magnetic at all, that the ferrous characteristic becoming iron oxide would be non magnetic. Field test had this assumption not verified, difficult to be precise, as to what the various contaminants constitute, suppose win some loose some, with the magnets under tank or in tank.

Another additive to the tank a few times a year, metholated spirits, did not harm that i could see, reducing the actual water content in the tank.
HTH j.
 
Following on, had occasion to address two tanks with extensive surface derived contamination, mentioned prior, both Suzuki ( Australian delivered ), Molasses took care of most surface adhered solid contamination. Tested once more, the dried and fuel wet residue, for what was magnetic and what was not affected by a magnet, having bought bars of magnets ( 20x10x4 m/m ) Neodymium N52 grade.

As you say, not all was attracted to the magnets, in this particular instance, the larger particles were attracted and the finer type not so much. Early days ( more than 20 years ago ) i was not expecting the contamination to be magnetic at all, that the ferrous characteristic becoming iron oxide would be non magnetic. Field test had this assumption not verified, difficult to be precise, as to what the various contaminants constitute, suppose win some loose some, with the magnets under tank or in tank.

Another additive to the tank a few times a year, metholated spirits, did not harm that i could see, reducing the actual water content in the tank.
HTH j.
You add alcohol when everybody is trying to get rid of it?
Paul
 
Following on, had occasion to address two tanks with extensive surface derived contamination, mentioned prior, both Suzuki ( Australian delivered ), Molasses took care of most surface adhered solid contamination. Tested once more, the dried and fuel wet residue, for what was magnetic and what was not affected by a magnet, having bought bars of magnets ( 20x10x4 m/m ) Neodymium N52 grade.

As you say, not all was attracted to the magnets, in this particular instance, the larger particles were attracted and the finer type not so much. Early days ( more than 20 years ago ) i was not expecting the contamination to be magnetic at all, that the ferrous characteristic becoming iron oxide would be non magnetic. Field test had this assumption not verified, difficult to be precise, as to what the various contaminants constitute, suppose win some loose some, with the magnets under tank or in tank.

Another additive to the tank a few times a year, metholated spirits, did not harm that i could see, reducing the actual water content in the tank.
HTH j.
I seem to remember a drag racing mate of mine adding acetone to reduce water content , I think it blends the water in to the fuel. Meths has acetone in- is this your answer?
 
I seem to remember a drag racing mate of mine adding acetone to reduce water content , I think it blends the water in to the fuel. Meths has acetone in- is this your answer?
Yes, acetone is used to dry various things, for instance the inside of a petrol tank you've washed out.
Paul
 
Can verily testify Nail Polish remover is acetone and an oil additive, flexibility in life is an asset, you can then not be categorised, artful dodging of modern slot filling, note the dangers to persons whom use or inhale their nail polish remover...danger lurks, even in the beguiling... j
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 06-56-35 LS210_LS211_Soak_Off_Acetone_Product_Remover.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 06-56-35 LS210_LS211_Soak_Off_Acetone_Product_Remover.pdf.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top