New Toy (non Laverda)

View attachment 62281
1970s. Suzuki water bottle GT750. Bridge-ported motor, expansion chambers. Longer Koni’s at the rear, Trickit front suspension, reversed calipers. Dunstall fairing. Run 1,000 rpm into redline all day (9,000). Run past flat-chat Z1s with the missus on the back, and then change into top just to demoralise them, but they all passed me in the servo - best I ever got out of it was 16mpg.
Mid 12‘s at the old Adelaide International Raceway, blew the clutch out of the sidecover adjacent to my right foot on the second pass. Clutch basket and side cover cost me a few hundred bucks in 1976 money.
Toecutter's got nothing on you!
 
heres my non laverda toy

P6030003_zpsqz6rg4jm.jpg

its a Alpina B5 4.4 supercharged 500 bhp 198 top end wolf in sheeps clothing
 
Both beautiful gems, without a doubt! I once had a colleague at work who was an Alpina fan all through. If he'd see yours he would piss his pants out of sheer joy ...
:D
 
I bought a 1967 Suzuki super six 250 twin as a non runner American import. After lots of messing around to get it going it smokes like hell. I rebuilt the oil pump with new seals. I have come to the conclusion the primary seals have gone and to change them is a crank out and split job.
Do the Yamaha's suffer from this issue?
 
I bought a 1967 Suzuki super six 250 twin as a non runner American import. After lots of messing around to get it going it smokes like hell. I rebuilt the oil pump with new seals. I have come to the conclusion the primary seals have gone and to change them is a crank out and split job.
Do the Yamaha's suffer from this issue?
I would think that it affects any two stroke not regularly used.

Paul
 
I prefer the Norton, the other one is a car.

Paul
Absolutely agree. Old bikes are more fun.
A while back I had a new Jag XKR with 510 hp as standard and it had an upgrade to 585hp. Absolutely mental fast but I really did not like driving it.
It went fantastic, handled great, sounded like a NASCAR on full chat, what could you not like about it?
A. Too fast to have fun and be safe.
B. No room in the back for even my 10 year old
C. Made me drive far too fast.
D. Made me realize I'd grown up
E. I honestly prefer my Sprinter Van.
It did sound absolutely amazing though!

J
 
I bought a 1967 Suzuki super six 250 twin as a non runner American import. After lots of messing around to get it going it smokes like hell. I rebuilt the oil pump with new seals. I have come to the conclusion the primary seals have gone and to change them is a crank out and split job.
Do the Yamaha's suffer from this issue?
Had the same issue with my first bike Suzuki T 20- same as super six, but it was a light and fast bike. 😊
 
Wasn't the T20 the same but with a bolt inside the crankcase preventing use of the 6th gear? They were a great fun little bike, would have been fantastic if they had been given a decent chassis.
 
Wasn't the T20 the same but with a bolt inside the crankcase preventing use of the 6th gear? They were a great fun little bike, would have been fantastic if they had been given a decent chassis.
My T 20 had six gears, I think the first ( air cooled ) RD Yamahas had the 6th gear blocked.
 
Back
Top