Pets & animals

can't stop laughing.  Yogi yr a star.  Particularly as anything to do with outfits + mentalness is a total win I reckon. I think i recall talk of a 6 but as a vee. (here's a link to that well known 48cyl kwak stinking the place up) Them stinkies started off a good number of skilled multi-engine builders I think. What's that fellas name that built that lovely stock looking z13x2 some yrs ago? Anyhow, the innovative work he's now doing in the pushbike competition scene is wowing some geordie pals of mine, and he were telling them all about his early h* projects. nice.

ah yes.. Allen Millyard here tis. Check out this beaut pushbike work (link).

 
sorry. Just to get this thread back on animal track, here's a pretty Xmas Beetle (xmas must be coming early this year).

129626760_ba13a341fc.jpg

 
tonight's schoolwork that I'm interleaving with cool tales of uber-rare laverda and such, is in the neuropsychology domain. Shockingly, I just came across something of actual interest in some peripheral readings. even potentially thread-relevant!  I wish to share. The fascinating phenom of unilateral neglect, but in a dog :|
 
Worth clicking on Conrad's rat link hust to read the Sun reader's comments at the bottom...priceless :D :D
 
conrad said:
...anything to do with outfits + mentalness is a total win I reckon.

Outfits eh? One of the silliest forms of transport ever conceived by the human mind - but a hell of a lot of fun.
Wouldn't be without one now I've sampled their delights  :D

Here's my double triple...

Cheers,
Cam
 

Attachments

  • zg3.JPG
    zg3.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 16
  • zg4.JPG
    zg4.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 17
!


*splort*


I never spotted you had a z13 chap! let alone a z13++. That is the most excellentness all in one place, i seen i a looong time. Right passenger, right bike, right colour, right size (laverda triples are small for me too, lol), right stance, right everything.

Igot a roight liking for 3 wheels too aye. Mainly from early youth hanging around grasstrack outfits. But more than that, like the wrongness is the rightness. Trikes got me a similar way. the very things that are useless about them is what works.  -nice one cam. did you do your leading links there? 
 
Sidecar and leading link are from HRD, a Sydney based sidecar manufacturer that no longer exists, although there are plenty of HRD chairs still around in Oz. I think the name comes from the initials of the bloke who started the company, but I forget what his name was (he's dead now). Nothing to do with Vincent HRD.

The dog gives me filthy looks if I loft the sidecar into the air with her in it. That comment is a lame attempt to stay on the pets/animals theme.

Cheers,
Cam
 
Cam,

Given where I trotted off to in my earlier post, I think you did remarkably well to bring it back home to the pets/animals thread.

I also happen to like outfits - anyone remember Steve and Stan Bayliss and their sidecars at Amaroo and Oran Park?  Steve had a four cylinder Waterbottle engine that he put together - 1000cc two stroke.  I put more cement down on the track at Amaroo after the sidecars had been out for a few laps than I've ever used since.

I also liked the Konig units as well and almost bought an engine in the early 90s in Melbourne to build a Kim Newcombe Ago-beating solo racer out of.  From memory, it might have been the first two-stroke to beat Ago's MV - I had spoen to Rod Tingate (Kim's mechanic) about putting it together and had a Fontana brake and had the frame worked out and everything, but decided to wait for a week to get some more money together and missed out.... another case of being a gunna instead of a doer...  The plan was to race BEARS events on it and you could change engine capacity quite quickly due to it being a flat four, to race different classes.  Think it was 54 x 54mm with rotary disc valve if I'm not wrong. 

By mentioning BEARS, I think I got this back on thread again.....

Andrew
 
yeah BEARS. right. like that'll keep it on-topic.

98157549_a70496588d.jpg


did you see the so lovely doco on kim newcombe, (good RT+bike clip at the end), was from just before his janeen died (can watch it in full here. He's from the next town to here nelson. A boat-y town lol. Loved lotsin the SI here.  The sad thing for me was that it ended at silverstone like (home).

3-wheels good  <thumbs>

 
Dellortoman said:
The dog gives me filthy looks if I loft the sidecar into the air with her in it. That comment is a lame attempt to stay on the pets/animals theme.

Cheers,
Cam

haha. my rosie dog also does that!  WOOF she shouts when I bounce her.  is funny. tells me right off

5021249785_b53e3600a1.jpg


here's my one man symetrical outfit.
Big up front, nice narrow waist, fat phat arse.
5021250887_39d401b4c5.jpg

about to peel out the driveway in the proper manner.
 
 
I remember Stan (now dead) and Steve Bayliss well. I sometimes wonder if Troy B is related to them, but Troy is a skinny little guy with a pleasant demeanor whereas Stan was a big fat grumpy bastard. He reminded me of an old bulldog guarding a juicy bone (cleverly staying on the pets theme here).

I saw them at a Symmons Plains (Tassie) race meeting, musta been some time in the 70's. In those days anybody could wander around in the pits and talk to the race teams. The Balyliss team, Stan (dad) and Steve (son) were swapping engines in their Honda 4 outfit. They had two engines of different capacities for Junior and Unlimited races, and would swap 'em over between races. I wandered past with my camera and said "Do you mind if I take a photo?"
Neither of them looked up from the task at hand. Stan just shouted "FUCK OFF!" at me. So I took a photo and fucked off.

I'd still have the photo somewhere. It would be a colour slide, which was my favoured format in those days. I have hundreds of slides from the old days. One of my "gunna do" jobs is to get a slide scanning gadget and scan 'em into digital pics.

I reckon I'd have photos of other dead guys like Brian Hindle, Kenny Blake, Gregg Hansford...

Cheers,
Cam
 
Dellortoman said:
That's a scary looking trike Conrad. I like it!
It looks like too much fun to be legal on this side of the Tasman. I reckon our nanny state rules for vehicles would outlaw it.

heh. not sure how it'd go here either if i had to start again. It has been legal on the road for 13yrs now. Went to a lot of trouble to gazette it as a bike in the first instance (all nz trikes default as 'cars' see), but thereafter has been a bike in testing terms which obviously is much easier, no seatbelts, one mirror etc. Had to squeeze in a second reversed park brake crab on the rear offside axle, (cos no room, shortened centered jag IRS, no propshaft) but that was all.

103985319_7ec8598fab.jpg


103985323_8d515421a8_z.jpg


98655472_d374241c16_z.jpg


4335343323_ee64fc3555_z.jpg

 
Back
Top