SF3 Australia restoration costs?

Yes indeed the Bike came from Tassie ,I bought it from Tino Livan, he sadly died and his wife was selling off his bikes.
I have been trying to trace some of its history, perhaps you could send me some info, thanks
I knew Tino reasonably well, as did a lot of forum members. I don't know any specifics about your 750 though because I never saw him riding it. Maybe it was out of commission for some reason while I knew him (after he moved to Tassie). He would usually turn up on rides with one of his triples or his 500 twin. Occasionally he'd turn up a Guzzi.

One thing I can say is that it's a good thing you're going through the bike and sorting it out. Tino was a really nice guy but a lousy mechanic. Most of his bikes were woefully out of tune with nothing set up or adjusted properly. I've ridden a couple of his bikes and they were awful. Nothing serious, just basic set-up stuff, but enough to ruin the riding experience. I dunno how he could put up with them like that. I bet you've found a lot of things that need fixing.
 
I thought his name was Lino but as usual what the hell do I know. He had sadly died before the 2 club rides down there and I hadn't seen him since he did a couple of short returns to Sydney well before that sad bit.
 
Ok, Newby, that's an intriguing comment. Someone new here who was on that Snowy Run and close enough to Lino on that ride to wear Emu remanence, 3 guesses in an envelope. And owns an SF2, another twin popping up.
 
Only saw Emu action once as a kid, driving on a Dirt road through The Pilica Scrub and we came across some that wouldn't get off the road, we chased them for ages. Not quite The Emu War.
 
'Hey Skeeta, did this bike come from Tassie ? If it did it may well be my old one prior going to Tas.'

Gday Chris,
Yes indeed the Bike came from Tassie ,I bought it from Tino Livan, he sadly died and his wife was selling off his bikes.
I have been trying to trace some of its history, perhaps you could send me some info, thanks

SkeetaView attachment 63671
Indeed it was mine.
I bought it with a blown motor, the original ignition system played up and caused detonation wrecking a piston.
Other than that it was in good condition and complete, and regularly used untill the blowup. Lino was a good friend of mine and kept harassing me for the bike, I eventually relented and sold it to him to restore.
The original owner lived around Camden, other than that I can't give you any more history.
 
Apologies for a further hijack of the thread but plenty Emu's wandering around in Western Qld.
Here's a couple we came across wandering down the road a few weeks ago somewhere on the way to Augathella (look at the green grass😲)..............
(Alway see plenty further up particularly around the Winton / Hughenden area)
Emus.JPG
 
Worth noting that our dear old friend Lino was on his Guzzi Lario in the emu incident, not the SF3 of this thread. But anyhow, it was on the shores of Blowering Dam, an area which is notorious for emus (we know that now...).

Here the Lario is being loaded onto the backup trailer (which was in place in case any Ducatis attended the run) . The Great Decapitator CJMAC is purposefully striding through shot. The emu is deeply pondering its poor decision to get out of bed this morning. From memory, Lino was taken to hospital in the backup car, or were the ambos called? He broke an elbow/wrist/arm or thereabouts, plus some gravel rash.
LIAW2.JPG

Line giving comment to his broken and scratched body and similar Lario. The emu is silently saying "you think you've got f***ing problems mate!". As far as I can tell, this was November 2000.
LIAW3.JPG

Anyhow, back to the SF3! RIP Lino old mate.
 
Gday Scrumhead,
Has your 750SF3 the cross over gearshift mechanism, that is gearshift is converted to the left hand side?
Another version of mine pictured, stainless front Mudgard and the original dual seat and ducktail, remanufactured by Tony at Eldorado seats
SkeetaIMG_3990.JPG
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3990.JPG
    IMG_3990.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 3
That emu story lightened the sombre mood when it was re-told at his funeral. :)
You should have seen his face at that years CLNSW AGM, a couple of months after the Emu incident, when Lino was served Emu steak for dinner! Priceless…. Oddly he called us a bunch of (to be PC) vaginas.
 
Last edited:
Apologies for a further hijack of the thread but plenty Emu's wandering around in Western Qld.
Here's a couple we came across wandering down the road a few weeks ago somewhere on the way to Augathella (look at the green grass😲)..............
(Alway see plenty further up particularly around the Winton / Hughenden area)
View attachment 63684
One of those three Emus looks oddly like a roadside post.

On the subject of of Emu imitation: The black fellas used to stand on one foot with an arm up in the air (like, The Bangles film clip: Walk like an Egyptian) to look like an Emu. When an Emu came looking for a quick stray root, they speared it. Clever.
 
You should have seen his face at that years CLNSW AGM, a couple of months after the Emu incident, when Lino was served Emu steak for dinner! Priceless…. Oddly he called us a bunch of (to be PC) vaginas.
So you mob served up a wood steak to Chris after his Tassie incident?! With wood chips as a side ...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top