Spoke Hub Rear

Still can't understand why they fitted the really heavy steel filler cap
Come on, it's obvious.
If you drill holes in it, you'll have oil all over the place.

The oil filler on my SFC wasn't painted, it burnt. The replacement I found had no paint either.

Paul
 
I have no first hand experience as i always used Ally replica items
but the rear Mg cush drive does or tends to crack.
Would you confirm Marnix or someone ?
That would imo be the very part to swap for peace of mind.
 
Last edited:
I have no first hand experience as i always used Ally replica items
but the rear Mg cush drive does or tends to crack.
Would you confirm Marnix or someone ?
That would imo be the very part to swap for peace of mind.
The cracking I experienced had already happened before I bought the bike. A section of the cush drive 'vane' had broken. Pretty clear to see why given the unsupported legs which transmit drive through the cush rubbers. So no problem with the spokes or main body of the casting. Fantastic repair job by Keith Nairn who managed to identify and locate some of the correct material to strengthen the design, and rods to weld it.
 

Attachments

  • 019_1_1.JPG
    019_1_1.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 028_2.JPG
    028_2.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 029_3.JPG
    029_3.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 037_5.JPG
    037_5.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 30
Same type of break happened to an alloy aftermarked part I have on the side.
I noticed while disassembling the wheel that the required central washer (between the hub and the cush drive) was too thin and therefore insufficient clearence.
Really a point to check if acquiring an aftermarket hub. Some were modified so as to be able to remove this washer.

> "So no problem with the spokes or main body of the casting."

That's very good news.
👌🏽
 
Back
Top