Building my Jota

or Gsxr, Triumph, Afrika Twin there are some.
I also looked for some double lenses system which are according the norm, because the Machals are just high beam lights. I wanted to mount them endurance like in front of the fairing. It was difficult to find some adaptable because they all had big boxes behind the reflectors. So I decided for the smallest rectangular I could find in put it in the fairing…..
right, checked out triumph, they come with triumph marked in the center of the lens, so they will go to the back of the line, looking at Africa twin lamps now,
 
Todd, I've got GSX-R 750 J model twin lights and ZXR-250 twin lights, the latter a little smaller than the former. They don't come with individual shells (fit into a plastic shell that bolts inside the fairing, but I'm sure you could find a way to 'shell'; them individually. I'll go and measure them (and check for CE!!) now and post with pics. Mine will be for LH drive as per UK.

The reverse torque arm is a nice touch. The SFQ has gone parallel underslung because the big swingarm wouldn't allow the reverse sys. My top mount for the torque arm was the top bolt for my rear master cylinder.
 
ZXR250 headlights are around 115mm but have mouldings that make them unsuitable for a shell mount. ZXR750 would be bigger and may be shell-adaptable.
GSX-R are approx 140mm. I only measured the rim, but I'm sure they would be adaptable to a shell mount.
 
ZXR250 headlights are around 115mm but have mouldings that make them unsuitable for a shell mount. ZXR750 would be bigger and may be shell-adaptable.
GSX-R are approx 140mm. I only measured the rim, but I'm sure they would be adaptable to a shell mount.
Thanks mate
I’m looking at those. I also found a company in Germany that has 145 mm lenses as a bucket insert. I might try one of those , I have to seperate it from the cone that it’s attached to but it might fit in the Marchal chrome.
I’m interested to see your back brake set up. Thanks for your help and the heads up in the zxr lights. I checked the Africa twin lights too and they may be a little small. But now my brain has been kickstarted. I don’t know why I didn’t think of these other bikes before as donor light bikes
 
I’m interested to see your back brake set up.
I'll see if i can find a pic of it, but doubtful - predates when I had a smarty pants phone.
Also worth looking at for lights are 70s cars that used twin round headlights (I know my folk's old Mazda 929 had them). Like these:

 
I'll see if i can find a pic of it, but doubtful - predates when I had a smarty pants phone.
Also worth looking at for lights are 70s cars that used twin round headlights (I know my folk's old Mazda 929 had them). Like these:

(y)
 
Found one. Prob is the triple swingarm may not allow it - the SF ones are wider where the tyre sits so there's space for the torque arm. Angle is pretty rad in this version, but the rear brake (with a 3/8 Rr master cyl from a Kwaka Z1000) was not very bitey - which is how I like them - but just enough braking power to squat the rear end, and it NEVER chatterered, even on corrugated bitumen corner entries hard under brakes.
 

Attachments

  • rsz_my_lav-nickel_frame.jpg
    rsz_my_lav-nickel_frame.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 54
Found one. Prob is the triple swingarm may not allow it - the SF ones are wider where the tyre sits so there's space for the torque arm. Angle is pretty rad in this version, but the rear brake (with a 3/8 Rr master cyl from a Kwaka Z1000) was not very bitey - which is how I like them - but just enough braking power to squat the rear end, and it NEVER chatterered, even on corrugated bitumen corner entries hard under brakes.
Thanks mate. I will go have a gander now.
 
Here’s my triple with rear caliper setup..... and 750 swinger to allow 150/70 rear boot !
 

Attachments

  • 0E7B9110-7694-471B-B0BF-43095239CE0D.png
    0E7B9110-7694-471B-B0BF-43095239CE0D.png
    568.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 2DD6A3D7-D813-4F10-A6C5-141D6E5618CA.png
    2DD6A3D7-D813-4F10-A6C5-141D6E5618CA.png
    532.3 KB · Views: 46
  • C8056A23-7636-41DD-A3FF-CAE2520E7626.png
    C8056A23-7636-41DD-A3FF-CAE2520E7626.png
    823.4 KB · Views: 46
Whether a 160 will fit or not depends more on the chain clearance than the s/arm in my experience.
There is no way a 160 will fit on the Motodd even though I have a heap of clearance in the s/arm
 
I ran 160x17 on the SF but had a 4mm offset front sprocket - I had the chain guard set so it prevented contact with the tyre edge. On the SFQ I've moved the motor across 3mm and plan to run no offset but a 1 520 chain.
 
Back
Top